Search This Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2015

He was Hiding from Me!!!!


No more broadband service for Beaver Creek.  A wife called me yesterday and told me that she needed desperately to get on broadband on Beaver Creek.  They live off the main road about a mile.  $$$$ come hard for them. This lady has a disabled husband and a challenged child.  They live next door to a widow lady.

She was told by the phone company that the "box" was full and that if she wanted Internet she would have to put in a satellite system.  (very expensive).  

Today,  I went to the local office which is probably as secure as Hitler's bunker.  "No One" was around.  I must have heard a skunk or a possum rustling around inside the building but no human being appeared.  I knocked on three doors, nothing!!! I did get a picture through the garage window.  I now know how to find someone at the local phone office--go to the garage door and know on it.

This is not my first bad experience with the phone company.  I caught then hiding behind closed doors the last time I was there.   Well,  nobody answered  but as I was leaving a Frontier tech pulled up and I went over to talk to him.

Ironically,  as I was talking to him a man came out of the phone office.  He thought that I had left--I hadn't!!!

When you screw me;  you screw my neighbor.  When you screw my neighbor; you screw me!!!!

Beaver Creek is developing--new houses are being built.  More and more people will be wanting Internet Service.  It is no longer a luxury but a necessity.  Old folks with digital monitors need the Internet.  I have had open heart surgery and had to wear a portable device  for several weeks.  I had to "dial" into my reports because we don't have cell service..  Not good.

So is the end of development for Beaver Creek.  What about my next door neighbor who is building new home.  No net for them???  What about the men up the road who have a development project selling lots.  Does Beaver Creek have to stop growing and wait on Frontier.

It shouldn't!!!  The problem is with poor planning.  I blame our localperson John Mutcheller and Rita Griffith for this.  They know our needs!!!

2 comments:

  1. did you use knee pads and a periscope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the Sheriff not hide from a server

    ReplyDelete

We are making comments available again! You are free to express your First Amendment Rights Here!

About Me

A local archivist who specializes in all things Pocahontas County