Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Ashamed of God's Name


Oh my goodness! You have got to read this. I was at the event and I witnessed this. I heard Ms. Grimes presentation. I just went back and read the June 4th edition of the Pocahontas Times and Linda SImmons of the Pocahontas Times did omit the words "God"and "Christ" and changed it to "spiritual being". You know in my own naive little world I always thought that Pocahontas County was a pretty decent county and unlike other places, people were were true to character and integrity was a priority but after hearing about the issues at the Board of Education and now the Chamber of Commerce and the Pocahontas Times, I realize that this is not so. Welcome to Pocahontas County the Real World!!! Very disappointed!! SHAME ON YOU POCAHONTAS TIMES AND LINDA SIMMONS!!!!!! frown emoticon.
CRIER88.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY JEROME HEINEMANN, CRIER EDITOR

4 comments:

  1. Linda Simmons does not work for The Pocahontas Times. I think you have her mixed up with someone else. Linda Simmons would never omit those words either, as she is a Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Linda Simmons of THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (Not Pocahontas Times) changed those words then it is b/c someone HIGHER UP had her to do it. She is a very religious woman and I know her personally. And I KNOW that someone gave her the orders to change those words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had she used the words "God" and "Christ" people would be pissed off about that too! You can't win for losing around here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. why would anyone care ?? religion needs to stay in the heart and home not being pushed on to others the words that she used fit nicely get over it really not a big deal

    ReplyDelete

We are making comments available again! You are free to express your First Amendment Rights Here!

About Me

A local archivist who specializes in all things Pocahontas County